Hair Care Guide
Visit this page to stay informed on the latest recommended hair care products and hair care tips for your Amaya's Premium Hair extensions.
Recommended Products By Texture
Straight, Wavy, Body Wave, Bounce Wave, Natural Wave:
- Dove Daily Moisture Shampoo & Conditioner
- Organix Moroccan Argan Oil shampoo & Conditioner
- Wen Cleansing Conditioner
- Silicon Mix Deep Conditioner (Especially for color processed or bleached hair)
- Tresemme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Protective Spray
- Chi Silk Infusion Serum (Wavy & Straight Hair)
- One N Only Argan Oil
Caribbean Wave, Deep Wave Kinky Curly, Kinky Coil
- Tresemme Flawless Curls Shampoo & Conditioner
- Dove Nutritive solutions shampoo & conditioner
● Dove Quench Absolute shampoo & conditioner
● Silicon Mix Deep Conditioner (Especially for color processed or bleached hair)
- Taliah Wajid Curl Sealer
- One N' Only Argon Oil
General Hair Extension Tips:
- Co-wash Bundles (See Co-washing instructions below) before you install your extensions to ensure that the hair gets one last dose of moisture and conditioning.
- Air Dry
- Sew around the weft and not through. Sewing through the weft can loosen the wefts or tracks and the hair sewn in them, causing risk for shedding. If you do sew through your tracks sealing them before use can help to reinforce the wefts.
- If at all possible do not cut your wefts. Fold tracks instead of cutting. Hair may shed from end where tracks are cut.
- Style hair after install is complete especially curly hair!! If you've selected a texture with curls or waves wet the hair to activate curl/wave brush with the appropriate tool for the texture and add products is applicable (Curly hair) allow hair to air dry. Styling the hair will reduce the poofyness and frizz (curly hair ) Styling will help bring out the texture in your hair extensions.
- Do not double the wefts with curly hair. It causes tangles, shedding and shortens the hair’s life span.
(Please note the below care tips are primarily for sewing in your Amaya's Premium Hair extensions. Care instructions for different installation methods such as wigs, clip ins, halo hair etc may differ. Please consult your Hairy-God-Mother for details)
- Brush/Detangle hair as needed with the proper tool and frequency. Wavy hair 1-3 times daily (Paddle brush) Straight hair 1-4 times (Paddle Brush). Curly hair- only when wet (wide tooth comb) Curly hair will need to be de-tangled 2-3 times per week. (please see curly hair-care tips below)
- Co-wash the hair once or twice a week. Co-washing is the process of cleansing hair with conditioner rather than shampoo. Shampoo strips dirt, oil and moisture from your hair. Co-washing only removes the dirt and oil thus allowing your hair to stay healthy and beautiful.
- Shampoo and condition with a lightweight moisturizing/or and sulfate free shampoo and conditioner every 7 to 14 days or as needed (Straight hair may be every 2-3 depending on your local climate). If your hair has product build up or/and co-washing is not removing the oil & dirt in the hair, shampoo your hair, rinse thoroughly then condition. Make sure to leave the conditioner on for at least 3-5 minutes. Rinse thoroughly. Air dry if possible.
- Moisturize: Use a light weight leave in conditioner or oil. Apply when hair is damp. Section hair into 2-4 sections. add a dime size to hands, rub together, then apply oil. comb or brush to distribute oil through out the hair.
- Air Dry. Air dry when possible to prevent heat damage.
- When straightening or curling hair, use a heat protectant to help minimize possible heat damage. Use a good styling tool that has temperature options.
- Night Routine: For straight can be wrapped around head at night. Curly and wavy textures braid hair into 1-2 braids. Use a silk scarf to wrap edges and protect hair. Use a silk bonnet over entire style to keep scarf in place and your hair extensions protected from frizz and being dried out by your pillow. Get a silk pillow case if possible.
With the exception of our colored clip‐in, tape extensions, and our Flip‐in extensions. Amaya’s Premium hair is 100% virgin hair; therefore, it can be dyed, bleached. We strongly recommend that all
chemical alterations be done professionally. We do not advise that you color our colored clip‐in & Tape extensions they have already undergone innovative 1 to 2 day coloring process, additional coloring could compromise the integrity of the hair. Prior to any chemical alterations, a strand test should be performed. Be aware that performing these services can change the texture and/or pattern of the hair. Please Note that relaxing, perming, coloring, lifting or otherwise processing Amaya’s Premium hair voids ALL EXCHANGE AND REPLACEMENT guarantees. After color processing, we strongly recommend deep conditioning your extensions with a moisturizing deep conditioner such a silicon mix. this will ensure that you replace the moisture that was removed during the coloring process. We suggest that you repeat this step or leave the hair in conditioner until the desired softness has returned to your hair extensions.
It is not recommended that you swim with extension hair, as chlorine and salt water is damaging to the
hair. However if you do the following precautions are recommended:
● Comb or brush through hair.
● Apply a leave‐in conditioner to hair to act as a protective layer;
● Braiding hair may help to prevent tangling.
● Afterwards thoroughly shampoo and condition hair.
● If the hair feels dry condition hair again until it is soft.
EXTREME WEATHER CONDITIONS
COLD AND DRY:
•Cold and extremely dry weather conditions can cause hair to appear brittle.
• If these conditions exist moisturize hair more frequently. We recommend daily use of a lightweight moisturizing serum like Argan oil, or Chi silk infusion serum.
HEAT AND HUMIDITY
•Hair tends to swell when exposed to extreme heat and humidity especially heavily textured hair such as those with a curl or wave pattern.
•Use a small amount of product to control and define the texture.
•It may be necessary to deep condition more frequently.
Frequently Asked Questions ( FAQ’S)
What is virgin hair?
Virgin Hair is hair that is in its natural state. No chemical changes, no color, has not been processed by way of any chemical method. The hairs natural construction and cuticle layer has been left intact and is aligned in one direction like natural growing hair. This is especially important when it comes to manageability and tangling. Hair that still possess its natural cuticles that are aligned does not tangle.
How many bundles do I need for a full head?
For lengths 8‐16 Inches we recommend 2 bundles for a full head weave. For customers that may like it fuller we recommend 3 bundles. Lengths 18‐30 Inches we recommend 3 bundles. For customers that like fuller hair we recommend 4 bundles.
How many ounces per bundle?
3.5 ounces per bundle Net Weight.
What is Remy? When used properly the word Remy refers to hair that is collected carefully, kept in the same direction and together during the wefting process (making hair into wearable extensions.) this type of hair is 100% human, looks feels and acts like your own hair. All Amaya's Premium Hair extension products are made from Remy hair only.
What is reconditioning? Reconditioning is a service offered by Amaya's Premium Hair that prepares hair for re-use, cleanses and deep conditions the hair. Reconditioning the hair every 3-4 months will help your Amaya's Premium Hair last longer. (Contact your Hairy-God- Mother for details).